The Lake District 10 Peaks Challenge (Circular route)
This one day challenge is as tough as it gets!
Come along and enjoy this epic traverse, taking in Lake District greats such as Great End, Scafell Pike and Bowfell along the way!
This challenge will push your physical and mental fitness to it’s limit. Expect a long day containing big ascents, shortly followed by morale crushing descents. Do you have what it takes to complete this challenge?
The Lake District 10 Peaks Challenge is best suited to experienced walkers with a good level of fitness. Mountain experience is key to the success of this challenge. Challenge events such as the Yorkshire Three Peaks are a good event to have completed on a prior to taking on the 10 peaks. This event is often compared in difficulty to the National Three Peaks event.
The 10 Peak Challenge (Circular Route) starts and ends in Great Langdale.
- Leg 1: New Dungeon Ghyll, Langdale – Rossett Pike
- Leg 2: Rossett Pike – Allen Crags
- Leg 3: Allen Crags – Lingmell
- Leg 4: Lingmell – Scafell Pike
- Leg 5: Scafell Pike – Broad Crag
- Leg 6: Broad Crag – Ill Crag
- Leg 7: Ill Crag – Great End
- Leg 8: Great End – Esk Pike
- Leg 9: Esk Pike – Bowfell North Top
- Leg 10: Bowfell North Top – Bowfell
- Leg 11: Bowfell – New Dungeon Ghyll, Langdale
This challenge requires participants to have a good level of fitness.
Our team will meet you in Langdale for a 7am start as we aim to finish the challenge in under 12 hours!
You will be fully guided by a qualified mountain leader.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel to and from the start location
- Personal Insurance
- Accommodation before/after the event
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Suitable walking boots (with ankle support)
- Appropriate clothing for the walk
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Spare warm layer
- Hat and gloves
- Food, snacks and water (minimum 2 litre’s) for the walk
Please be aware once we begin our challenge there will be no opportunity to stop and buy any supplies so it is vital you carry all you need throughout the challenge.
The walk will take place in most weathers but the leader will reserve final judgement on the day (in most cases) and maintains the right to abandon any walk if they feel the safety of themselves or any participant is at risk.
Minimum age is 16 years. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the challenge.